At Roseville Topsmiles, when a filling is necessary, our goal is to provide a restoration that protects the tooth, looks natural and provides perfect function. Tooth-colored fillings, also called white fillings or composite fillings, are designed to closely mimic the natural appearance of tooth structure. Tooth-colored fillings are used for:
- Repairing fractured or decayed, tooth
- Cosmetically changing the size, color and shape of teeth
- Closing gaps between teeth
- Repairing chipped teeth
- Making teeth appear to be more straight or even
Tooth-colored fillings offer many advantages over silver amalgam fillings, including:
- Natural look in color and appearance.
- No need for grooves or pins in the natural tooth to be bonded to the natural tooth structure.
- They maintain 85% – 95% of the strength of the original tooth
- The can be applied in one office visit and harden in a matter of seconds.
- Tooth sensitivity, if any, due to composite resin use is minimal and brief.
Tooth-colored or composite fillings are bonded to the existing tooth through a bonding chemical process. Numbing is often not needed, and the process is generally non-invasive and quick, although in cases of heavy decay, a local anesthesia may be needed as the tooth is cleaned out. The filling is applied and shaped to resemble the natural look and size of your tooth, then hardened with a curing light.
When it comes to selecting the best option and material for repairing your smile, a consultation with the dental team at Roseville Topsmiles is the best place to start. Choices will vary among patients’ unique situations and can be determined based on things like the location of the affected area as well as cost and current condition of the teeth. Schedule a consultation with Roseville Topsmiles today, and we’ll help you get the smile you always wanted in as little time as possible. We’re here in Roseville at (916) 352-0282.